Spreading the word about an interesting event/initiative I'm involved with:
Second Plenary of the Research Data Alliance, National Academy of Sciences, Washington, DC, September 16–18, 2013
The Research Data Alliance invites participants from all walks of the research/data world to join us at the National Academy of Sciences for our Second Plenary!
- Great keynote speakers — including John Wilbanks of Sage Bionetworks and Carole Palmer, Univ. of Illinois
- Representatives from supporting agencies like the US National Science Foundation, the US National Institute of Standards and Technology, the European Commission, and the Department of Innovation through the Australian National Data Service (ANDS)
- People from organizations like ESIP, CODATA, Microsoft Research, and W3C
- Opportunity to participate in a poster session
- Working sessions, breakouts, working and interest groups and much more
More info at https://www.rd-alliance.org/future-events.