Below are the highlights of the RITMARE RDP:
- The rules apply to both the RITMARE community and to the external users.
- The generator (and the owner if other than the generator) must be named in all cases.
- Anyone interested in publishing the data within the first two years from data creation, should verify if the data generator wants to participate as co-author.
- A moratorium of 6, 12, or 18 months can be set for data generators to have primary publication rights.
- Ancillary information (e.g., calibration files and instrument specifications) must be supplied with raw data regardless of the parameter values that data collection aimed at.
- Licences apply to all background data and products.
- At the end of the moratorium a licence automatically connects to the foreground data and products.
Source: Anna Basoni, Stefano Menegon and Alessandro Sarretta (2015), Sailing towards Open Marine Data: the RItMARE Data Policy. ERCIM NEWS, N 100, http://ercim-news.ercim.eu/images/stories/EN100/EN100-web.pdf